Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started with your champion role in a campaign, it should only take a few minutes to get your basic page up and ready to go, but there’s plenty of opportunity for self-expression if you want to show off your creativity and personal style.
1. From the main campaign Page, Click on the TEAMS/Chapter tab at the right, below the DONATE and SHARE buttons
2. You will see a list of the active TEAMS. Click on the name of the TEAM you’d like to join.
If you don’t find the one you’re looking for or want to start a new one, contact your Campaign Manager.
3. Click on the large ‘+’ to add yourself to the TEAM
If you have not logged in yet, then you will see a screen prompting you to log in with your Facebook, Google, or email. Please note, if you created an account on risefundraiser before as a donor, you will need to reset your password using the link at the bottom of the sign-in form.
When you have successfully joined a team, you should see a pop-up to welcomes you and gives a set of brief instructions for navigating back to your personal fundraising page and Champ Tools. You can use these to post updates, stories and see donations to your page. Once you’ve had a chance to review the instructions, click the GOT IT! Button
4. Personalize your fundraiser page as shown below.
You can add “rich text” including images, formatting, and videos to your page to make it your own, and share with your audience why you care about this cause. If you want to have your photo/avatar show up on your page and on your top-right menu, upload a photo of yourself.
Please make sure to fill out all the required information before you click SAVE.
You can always come back, edit this information, and continue to customize your personal fundraiser Page by clicking on the “My Campaigns” menu from the top
5. To managing/view your personal fundraiser page and promoting it, click on the top right menu
You should see a “dashboard” like the one below, showing you the overall progress of the campaign, team’s progress, and donations you have received so far.The dashboard is your personal command center for your campaigns. You will want to come back here each time you log in.
On the right-hand side of the dashboard are three suggested actions that you can do to help make your fundraiser a success:
- Publish an Update about books you’ve read, share success with your supporters, or say Thank You.
- Invite your supporters to donate by email
- Publish a story on your page
There are also three buttons (highlighted in yellow).
- VIEW TEAM PAGEtakes you back to the page of the Team you have just joined– you can see your progress as well as the other members of your Team
- EDIT YOUR PAGEallows you to make changes to your personal fundraiser Page. Get creative and stand out from the crowd with images, personal stories, and even videos that you upload to YouTube or Vimeo and embed in your page.
- CHAMP TOOLtakes you to a page where you can see reports of your donations, add Stories to your page, and send a Thank You to all your supporters. You can also link videos in your updates.